Are you looking for Correct the following sentences with answers Online provides Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) related to English Grammar. You will have to read all the given answers and click on view answer option.
Correct the Following Sentences with Answers
Test your English grammar skills! Can you find the grammar mistakes in the following sentences? Try your best, then scroll down for the answers and explanations.
1. I am very much sorry.
2. He was very kind enough to invite us.
3. I need good sleep.
4. Can you tell me the story in details?
5. Airplanes reach America soon.
6. Before long there was no one there.
7. This story is too interesting.
8. Give me an another pen.
9. He behaved cowardly.
10. He plays good than me.
11. Hardly I have had any rest since morning.
12. Never I have seen such a sight.
Correct the Following Sentences with AnswersAnswers
1. I am very sorry. (Very is used without much before adjectives and adverbs.)
2. He was kind enough to invite us. OR He was so kind as to invite us.
3. I need to sleep good.
4. Can you tell me the story in detail?
5. Airplanes reach America quickly.
6. Long ago there was no one there.
7. This story is very interesting. (Too has a negative meaning. It should not be used to convey positive ideas.)
8. Give me another pen. or Give me a pen.
9. He behaved in a cowardly manner. (Cowardly is an adjective. To modify verbs we use adverbs.)
10. He plays better than me. (Than should be preceded by an adjective in the comparative degree.)
11. Hardly have I had any rest since morning. (Sentences beginning with a negative word have an inverted word order. That means the verb comes before the subject.)
12. Never have I seen such a sight. (Explanation same as above)