100 in Nanded and Parbhani districts of Maharashtra through a video conference under ‘Kumhar Sashaktikaran Yojana’ recently launched by Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) towards empowerment of potters by Union Minister of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Electric powered chalk was distributed to potters.
Kumhar Sashaktikaran Yojana (KYC)
- In this program, the electric potters were provided to the potters of 15 villages (10 from Nanded and 5 from Parbhani district) of both the districts and were also provided 10 days training by KVIC.
- Potter empowerment scheme
Kumhar Sashaktikaran Yojana
- The scheme was launched by the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) in the year 2018 for the empowerment of the potters living in remote areas of India.
Kumhar Sashaktikaran Yojana an objective:
- To provide training to the potters to make pottery and other products of advanced quality.
- Providing latest and new technology equipment for making pottery.
- Strengthen potters’ access to the market through KVIC exhibitions.
Kumhar Sashaktikaran Yojana Benefit:
- Electric chalk will increase the productivity of potters, thereby increasing their income.
- So far, more than 18,000 electric chalks have been distributed across the country under this scheme.